Aside from a lot of bubbles, my first mold in 8 years came out OK. Poured and pulled eight on Monday. Started getting a bit loopy with exhaustion and resin fumes, so I cleaned up and started to head out.
But wait, one mustn’t waste any time, I figured I’d pour one for the road, and get it in the morning.
And in the morning, this is what I got.
Note to self: Never eyeball chemistry. It never “oughta do it”
Thanks to Motorbot for kindly replying to my Twitter freakout, I knew how to untaint the mold, and got things pouring again.
The part I’m casting is about 10ML worth of liquid, but that’s pretty hard to mix exactly, so I always go for more, then pour the extra into half of an old mold to get basing materials for miniatures. It’s also akin to ‘kiln angels’ in ceramic, where I can see the state of that batch before levering the glove mold open.
This is probably all I’ll do for a bit, until I get all of the Baby Qeesassins started.
I’m going to see about running the mold into the ground later casting more of these as objective markers for tabletop wargames..